Common Issues During Breastfeeding can Include:
- Latch Problems: Difficulties with proper positioning and attachment of the baby to the breast, leading to discomfort for both mother and baby.
- Sore or Cracked Nipples: Often caused by an improper latch or intense sucking, which can be painful and may lead to infection if not addressed.
- Engorgement: When the breasts become overly full and swollen with milk, causing discomfort and making it challenging for the baby to latch properly.
- Mastitis: An inflammation of the breast tissue usually caused by blocked milk ducts and can result in pain, redness, and fever.
- Low Milk Supply: Some mothers may experience difficulty producing enough milk for their baby’s needs.
- Oversupply of Milk: On the other hand, some mothers may produce an excessive amount of milk, leading to engorgement or fast let-down.
- Plugged Ducts: Milk ducts can become blocked, causing localized pain and lumps in the breast.
- Thrush: A fungal infection that can occur in the baby’s mouth and transfer to the mother’s nipples, causing pain and discomfort.
- Nipple Confusion: When the baby struggles to switch between breastfeeding and bottle feeding, affecting their ability to latch correctly.
- Breastfeeding in Public: Some mothers may face challenges or discomfort while nursing in public places due to social stigmas or lack of privacy.
Remember, seeking support from a lactation consultant or Gynecologist in Indore can often help address these issues and make the breastfeeding journey smoother for both mom and baby.
Hope this blog helped you to understand the common issues during breastfeeding if you are facing any of them, Meet one of the best doctor for breastfeeding in Indore at Matricare Clinic Dr. Hema Jajoo