In this blog, I would like to share the knowledge about Breast cancer prevention and its treatments. In present lifestyle changes can help you in Prevention of Breast Cancer by decreasing the risk of breast cancer. Contact best gynecologist in Indore for giving more tips to decrease the risk of breast cancer.
To lower your risk:
• Maintain a healthy weight
– If your weight is healthy, work to maintain that weight. If you need to lose weight, ask your doctor about healthy strategies to accomplish this. Reduce the number of calories you eat each day and slowly increase the amount of exercise.
• Eating a healthy diet
– Healthy diet might decrease your risk of breast cancer, as well as diabetes, heart disease, and stroke. For example, women whose diet include Green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains, legumes, nuts, fish, and oils with high unsaturated fatty acids like coconut oil, soya oil, mustard oil, etc.
• Be physically active
– Physical activity can help you maintain a healthy weight, which helps in prevention of breast cancer. Most healthy adults should aim for at least 150 minutes a week of moderate aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity weekly, plus strength training at least twice a week.
– Breast feeding might play a role in breast cancer prevention. The longer you breast feed, the greater the protective effect.
• Limit postmenopausal hormone therapy
– Combination hormone therapy may increase the risk of breast cancer. Talk with your gynecologist about the risks and benefits of hormone therapy. You might be able to manage your symptoms with non-hormonal therapies and medications. If you decide that the benefits of short-term hormone therapy outweigh the risks, use the lowest dose that works for you and continue to have your doctor monitor the length of time you’re taking hormones.
• Limit alcohol
– The more alcohol you drink, the greater your risk of developing breast cancer. The general recommendation — based on research on the effect of alcohol on breast cancer risk — is to limit yourself to no more than one drink a day, as even small amounts increase risk.
• Avoid Smoking.
For breast cancer prevention consult gynecologist in Indore for more suggestions and you can also watch below mentioned videos to know all about Breast Cancer Symptoms, Risk, Screening, Self examination and prevention :